The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth
God’s Word plays large role in the life of any youth who gives him opportunity or space in his or her life. Let us consider the following roles:
1. The Place of Purity: how can a young man cleanse his ways? By taking heed according to your words. Ps119:9. “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you”. Jn15:3. By nature humans are born with impure, dirty, and a corrupt heart. That is why we see a lot of delay and impure practices among youths.
Such practices include masturbation, pornography, homosexual immorality, lesbianism, bestiality, dirty talks etc. But when God comes into the heart of any youth who accepts him, he uses his word (Bible) in our heart and the Holy Spirit to cleanse our thought of every corruption. Tit 3:3-5.
2. The Place of Direction: Any youth who has not accepted Christ in his life will live a purposeless life. Without God in the life of a man such a person will not have direction in his life. “Before I formed thee a prophet unto the nations”. Jer 1:5 KJV, “You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!” Ps 139: 16. Before any human was created, God has already designed and fashioned what such a person will be.
To therefore discover the purpose for which we are created by God, one need to have a good relationship with God. Therefore God gives direction and purpose to the life of every Christian youth who accepts him. Ps 32:8.
3. Wisdom And Judgment: “For the Lord giveth wisdom, out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding” Prov 2:6, KJV “If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth of all men liberally, and upbraided not; and it shall be given him” Job1:5. According to Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary “wisdom is defined as the ability to make sensible decisions and give good advice because of the experience and knowledge that you have” Judgment is also defined as the ability to make sensible decisions after carefully considering the best thing to do.
Wisdom and Judgment is another role God plays in the life of a youth. Youths are faced with different situations that needs right judgment. But it is God who gives a youth a good sense and a right judgment to make good decisions in career, marriage, Education, choice of friend etc. It is God who gives a youth a good sense to make a right decision.
4. Discipline: “Young man, do not resent it when God chasten and corrects you, for his punishment is proof of his love just as a father punishes a son he delights in to make him better, so the Lord corrects you”. Prov 3:11 Deut 8:5, Heb 12:5-6. Any youth who lacks discipline and correction becomes a bastard. Therefore God plays an important role of a father by correcting and disciplining youths whenever they go astray. God uses so many tools to discipline us, which includes, the word of God, our pastors our fellow believer and inner witness of the Holy Spirit. Jn15:1-8.
5. Gives Strength: Even the youth shall be exhausted and the young men will all give up. But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint: Isa40:30-31, 41:10, 1chro 29:12, Phil4:13. We are not talking about physical strength here. As many youths, who will give God a place in their life, God gives the strength. He gives them strength to overcome tempting situations, trials, challenges, difficulties and hardship. God gives a youth strength to overcome every storm of life. He gives such a youth strength to prevail over all situations. Whether the situations come from devil or man, God gives strength to overcome. 1Jn5:3-4.
6. He Makes His Ways Prosperous: “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree”: he shall Grow like a cedar in Lebanon “Psalm 92;12-14, Psalm 1:1-3.God watches over the ways of Christian youth and what so ever he lays his hand to do, the lord shall make it prosper. Joseph in Egypt was greatly favoured by God, and whatever he did GOD blesses him .In the same vein, God blesses the young man who honours him, God makes all his ways to be prosperous.Job1:8, Prov 4:18, Isa 3:10.
7. Security: When thou hast down thou shall not be afraid; yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh, for the lord shall be thy confidence and shall keep thy feet from being taken. Prov 3:24-26. God will surely protect and secure the life and property of the righteous man .Even though the devil will make plans to ruin his life but he cannot because the life of a Christian youth is secured by God. Psalm 91:23-4.
8. Provision of Daily Need: The lord can be trusted and will surely provide for the needs of the young Christian. A youth is faced with both physical and spiritual needs, The Holy Bible says “according to his divine power he hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue. 2Pet 1:3. Everything a Christian youth needs shall be supplied by God if he trust him for that. “CASTING ALL YOUR CARE UPON HIM, FOR HE CARETH FOR THEE”. 1Pet5:7.
Everything about a youth is God’s concern. God cares for the daily needs of the Christian youth who will fear him and reverence him, “BUT ONLY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS” Philip 4:19.
9. Honour: “Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach” Prov 14:34…But now the lord says, be it far from me, for them that honour me I will honour..” 1sam 2:30. The ungodliness of youths without Christ will bring them to shame and nothingness but God honours the youth who fears him. God honoured Joseph to one of the highest positions in Egypt. GOD honoured Daniel, Shedrack, Meschack, Abadnego in Babylon, GOD honoured mordecai a righteous man, God honoured Jesus a man of righteousness, God always honour every youth who will honour him with his life.
10. Promise Of Eternal Life: As many youths who will serve God with all their heart , he will surely bring to eternal bliss to be with him in paradise. He will not cast them out in his kingdom, but God will continue his work in their life until he brings them into his kingdom. There are many works GOD does in the life of a Christian youth but space and time will not permit us to discuss them all.
The best thing any youth can do is to serve God with all his heart in this life in this life, while they are young. Ecc 12:1
written by Kingsley Onukwube